The purpose, where I start, is the idea of use. It’s not recycling. It’s reuse. — Issey Miyake
| By Amelia Stolarz |
They call them tea infusers. I call them mini strainers.
How many of these little silver items do you have sitting around your kitchen drawers? I have two.
Most often I steep my tea from teabags, and those little strainers don’t get much time out of the drawer.
So I came up with a few ideas for alternate uses:
- Dust flour in a baking pan after coating it with cooking spray.
- Use it to strain small amounts of broth, gravy or juice.
- Sift powdered sugar or cocoa powder over your cupcakes or cake.
- Use it to corral and strain olives or capers when you are pouring them from the jar.
- If the strainer is not going back to the kitchen drawer, have fun experimenting with it while crafting. Drip paint through it or dip it in the paint and roll it over the paper. Have fun!
Have any more ideas? Let us know! Email ClermontMagazine@gmail.com or comment below.
Amelia Stolarz is a lifelong organizing guru, an avid gluten-free baker and a Certified Public Accountant.